Wednesday, October 23, 2019

NEW RELEASE AND REVIEW -- Southern Heartbreaker (A Charleston Heat novel) by Jessica Peterson


 


Eva + Ford are live early! SOUTHERN HEARTBREAKER is available for FREE in KU or for the special release price of $2.99👉🏻 mybook.to/SouthernHeartbreaker



He was the bad boy I fell for in college. Now he’s a sexy single dad and Charleston’s most successful venture capitalist. Dominant and decisive, Ford Montgomery is used to getting what he wants. And he just set his sights on me...

Ford Montgomery was my first everything.
First love.
First guy I slept with.
First heartbreak when he dumped me without explanation.

A decade later, it’s just my luck he’s the first guy I run into after moving back to my hometown of Charleston. Three piece suit, tie, and a watch worth more than my car—being a mogul looks good on Ford. So does being a doting dad to his adorable four-year-old daughter.

I tell myself I can resist him. But one impulsive, ill-advised kiss later, and Ford is in hot pursuit. He’s determined to make up for his past mistakes, and convinces me to give him a second chance.

What started out as fun between the sheets gets really serious, really fast. Problem is, I swore I’d never give up the dreams I worked so hard for to settle down and do the family thing.

But seeing Ford light up around his daughter—seeing how he’s chasing his ambitions while rocking fatherhood—is making me rethink what I want out of life.

It doesn’t help that behind his corporate veneer is the bad boy I fell in love with. And bad boys aren’t afraid to play dirty...or break hearts.


SOUTHERN HEARTBREAKER is a full-length, STANDALONE romance. It is part of the Charleston Heat Series, which is a series of interconnected standalone novels set in the steamy southern town of Charleston, South Carolina.



SOUTHERN CHARMER: Oliva and Eli’s book
SOUTHERN PLAYER: Gracie and Luke’s book
SOUTHERN GENTLEMAN: Julia and Greyson’s book
SOUTHERN HEARTBREAKER: Eva and Ford’s book



BOOKISH STACY RATING:🌟🌟🌟🌟🌠

4.5 STARS
Southern Heartbreaker is book four in the Charleston Heat series. It can be read as a stand-alone but has recurring characters, so if you're like me, you'll probably want to start at the beginning.

This is the story of Ford and Eva. Ford is a single dad to Bryce and a widower of 4 years. Eva is a pit master, blogger and cookbook author who has returned home hoping that getting back to her roots will inspire her next book. Ford and Eva were very much in love in college until graduation when Ford broke her heart. They meet up again after 10 years and find that the spark is still there.

I really enjoyed this book. First of all, single dad stories are my jam. Ford was swoon-worthy. I loved how sweet he was with his daughter, whom he affectionately referred to as "Bun." I really felt that he was truly sorry about hurting Eva in the past--it didn't feel made up.  And Eva was just a really strong independent woman who was killing it in her professional life. I loved that she wasn't the typical heroine--she wasn't really concerned about a husband and babies, so when Ford and Bryce wormed their way into her heart, it totally threw her off-balance.  It was wonderful watching her become closer with Bryce. The chemistry between Ford and Eva was OFF THE CHARTS.  These two together were like fire. It's a hard thing to take two lives (three really, with Bryce) that are already established and try to fit everything together in a way that works and I thought the author did a great job at not just throwing them together, but really making them work for it. There was just a whole lot of real here--all the worry, stress, expectations, and fears that come from being a parent. I feel like the theme of this book can really be summed up by this quote from Eva's mother.

"You don't have to be perfect to deserve anyone's love. You just have to be there."

I adore this series--the setting, the characters, and all the southern food (these books always make me hungry) and I'll be anxiously waiting for more!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment